Scholarships for International Students
The number of international students heading to the USA for college is at an all-time high. But despite the masses choosing to earn their degrees in the U.S., international students most likely aren’t eligible for U.S. federal student aid, which means options are limited when it comes to paying for college. (There are exceptions to this - someone on an international student visa, for example, may qualify for U.S. government-funded programs such as the Fulbright Program or opportunities through EducationUSA.)
Luckily, there are other alternatives out there. Scholarships for international students in the USA are available to help finance your education! And best of all, it’s free money – no repayment required. We’ve assembled a list to help you get started.
College Scholarships for International Students in the USA
- AACEI Scholarships (various amounts)
- AAUW International Fellowship Program (various amounts)
- Abbey Road Summer Scholarships and Fellowships (various amounts)
- BrokerFish International Student Scholarship ($1,000)
- Fulbright Program for Foreign Students (various amounts)
- The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program (various amounts)
- NextGen Scholarship ($1,000)
- SelfScore International Student Scholarship ($5,000)
- Tortuga Study Abroad Scholarship ($1,000)
Want to learn more? Check out this article to see how international students can find money to study in the U.S.A., and don’t forget to ask the schools you’re interested in attending if they have any scholarships for international students!