Official Rules for 2022 Monthly Points-Based $2,500 Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: Edvisors Network, Inc.'s Free College Scholarships (the "Sweepstakes") are subject to the information in the chart below. All entries must be received during the Promotion Period. The Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes.
|Promotional Period||Prize Awarded||Number of Prizes Awarded||Retail Value||Date Prize Winner Announced|
|September 16, 2022 12am Pacific Time (PT) Zone until October 15, 2022 11:59pm PT Zone||$2,500.00||1||$2,500.00||October 16, 2022|
|October 16, 2022 12am Pacific Time (PT) Zone until November 15, 2022 11:59pm PT Zone||$2,500.00||1||$2,500.00||November 16, 2022|
|November 16, 2022 12am Pacific Time (PT) Zone until December 15, 2022 11:59pm PT Zone||$2,500.00||1||$2,500.00||December 16, 2022|
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia who are at least (13) years of age or older as of the date of entry and members of the ScholarshipPoints.com program. Subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. In order to receive the prize, entrants must provide proof of enrollment at a college or university. The payoff will be delivered via check to the specified college or university. If the entrant is not enrolled at a college or university, the payoff will be delivered to the entrant's 529 plan on behalf of the entrant, or delivered directly to the entrant. See Section 5 for additional details.
Employees of Edvisors Network, Inc. (the "Sponsor"), and their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies, divisions, officers, directors, agents as well as members of the immediate family of any such employees, are not eligible to participate and win. The term "immediate family" includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as "in-laws," or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
3. HOW TO ENTER: In order to enter the Sweepstakes, you must have the number of points listed in the submission guidelines. You may, in some instances, when indicated in the submission guidelines, choose the number of points to be used in the Sweepstakes. Using more points will increase your odds of winning in these instances. If you have the points required, submit your entry by visiting https://www.scholarshippoints.com/free-college-scholarships/ during the Promotion Period and follow the Sweepstakes link to review the submission guidelines and complete all information required to enter the Sweepstakes. To enter by mail, please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: Edvisors Network, Inc., Attention “ScholarshipPoints Points-Based $2,500 Scholarship Free Entry”; 350 S. Rampart Blvd., Suite 200, Las Vegas, NV 89145. In your entry, please tell us which Points-Based Scholarship you wish to enter by indicating the amount of the dollar drawing and the promotional period referenced in the chart in section 1. By mailing your entry, you will be entered into the drawing. Please allow three (3) days for processing. All mail entries must be postmarked by the end of the Promotion Period.
UNLIMITED ENTRY: Members may enter as many times as their accumulated points will allow, but may not exceed the number of points member has. The use of automated services, scripts, or other processes to register, accumulate points, or enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited, and any individual who uses or attempts to use such methods to register, accumulate points, or to enter will be disqualified. Valid entries must contain all information requested. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. Sweepstakes winners will be selected from online and mail-in entries only. One (1) prize per household per month. The Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. By entering, participants acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including eligibility requirements. Responsibility for receipt of entry rests solely with the participant.
4. HOW AND WHEN WINNERS WILL BE DETERMINED: One (1) winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted by the Sponsor from among all eligible entries received by 11:59pm PT on the last day of the promotional period referenced in the chart in section 1. Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries. Winner agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
5. PRIZE(S): A check with the retail value referenced in the chart in section 1 will be delivered to winner's college or university to be applied to the winner's school account, paid to winner's 529 plan or paid directly to the winner. Prizes will be awarded directly to the Member's college or university, if enrolled; no other option will be available. If the Member is not enrolled in a college or university, the prize will be awarded to a 529 plan, if a plan can be opened and operated at no cost to the Member or if the Member chooses. A check will be written to the Member only if the Member is not enrolled in college or university and is unable to open and operate a 529 plan at no cost and is unwilling to open and operate a 529 plan for which the Member will incur some cost. Georgia residents must be enrolled at a College or University in order to redeem a prize. Any and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are the sole responsibility of each winner. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any portion of these prizes for a prize of equal or greater value. No transfer, assignment, change of the prize, or cash substitution is permitted. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, the Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate winner, in its sole discretion. Unclaimed prize(s) will not be awarded. Other restrictions may apply. All federal, state, and local taxes on the prize are the sole responsibility of each winner.
6. CLAIMING PRIZE(S): Winners will be notified by telephone, mail, and/or email within 3 business days after the Sweepstakes drawing and will be given 3 business days to confirm receipt of notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address, and/or telephone number of participants. If a winner cannot be contacted from the information provided, in their ScholarshipPoints.com user account or mail-in entry information, the Sponsor reserves the right to select another winner at its sole discretion. The Sponsor is not liable if email is not responded to within the time allowed or prize notification letter is lost in the mail or returned as undeliverable when delivery is attempted by regular mail.
7. RELEASE FORM: Each winner will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release (including, where permitted, a Publicity Release) (the "Affidavit") within 7 days of notification. Failure to return the executed Affidavit within that time may result in forfeiture of prize and random selection of alternate winner from remaining eligible entries. A parent or legal guardian of any participant who is a minor must sign a release on behalf of the minor for the minor to be eligible to receive a prize. Each winner will be subject to a verification process, to include providing a completed W-9 including the winner's name, address, home phone number, work/cell phone number, and social security number or taxpayer identification number.
8. DELIVERY DISCLAIMER: The Sponsor disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete an online entry due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond their control, or otherwise. The Sponsor disclaims all liability for any delays, mis-delivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by electronic transmission or other delivery method. The Sponsor is not responsible for human, mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: any form of active or passive filtering, insufficient space in participant's e-mail account to receive e-mail messages, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet, or on any website, or lost or unavailable network connections which may limit an online participant's ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, and any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Sweepstakes. No mechanically reproduced entries or facsimiles will be accepted. Entries void if incomplete, defective, altered, forged, illegible, or received outside authorized channels. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her entries, or any portion thereof) who tampers with the entry process. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend this Sweepstakes should fraud, virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will determine winners in an equitable manner as determined by Sponsor.
10. TAXES: Any valuation of the prize stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner will be reported for tax purposes as required by law. Each winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize and paying any expenses associated with any prize(s) which are not specifically provided for in the Official Rules. Each winner must provide the Sponsor a completed IRS Form W-9 with valid identification and a valid taxpayer identification number or social security number before any prize will be awarded. Any person winning over six hundred dollars ($600.00) in prizes which is paid directly to the person, not sent directly to the College or University or paid into a 529 plan, from the Sponsor will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
11. CONDUCT AND DECISIONS: By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of Sponsor personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain unfair advantage in participating in the Sweepstakes, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike, disruptive, annoying, harassing or threatening behavior is prohibited. The Sponsor will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Sweepstakes and the Sponsor's decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Sweepstakes is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Sponsor, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate this Sweepstakes, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Sponsor deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Sponsor and are final. The Sponsor may waive any of these rules in its sole discretion. Any attempt by a participant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
12. RELEASE: As a condition of entering, participants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release the Sweepstakes Entities to Edvisors Network, Inc., and their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies, divisions, parent companies, officers, directors, employees, agents and employees of agents, and advertising and public relations agencies and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes, from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from this Sweepstakes or the use of the participant's entry and the awarding, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, including without limitation liability for any travel related to the Sweepstakes, death, personal injury, loss, and/or disability; (b) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; (c) all causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; and (d) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys' fees and court costs.
13. MISCELLANEOUS: Winner(s) must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Sponsor's Affidavit to claim the prize. The Sponsor may substitute prizes, as well as extend, modify, or discontinue the Sweepstakes at any time without prior notice. The Sponsor disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical error in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Sweepstakes prizes. All entries and information become property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
14. WINNER LIST: For a winner list, where required by law, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope no later than ninety (90) days after the end date of the Sweepstakes to: Edvisors Network, Inc., 350 S. Rampart Blvd., Suite 200, Las Vegas, NV 89145.
15. TERMS AND CONDITIONS: All terms and conditions are incorporated into the rules of this Sweepstakes.
16. JURISDICTION: By entering, participants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant's rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Nevada without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, participants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts located in Las Vegas, Nevada.
17. CHOICE OF LAW: Any and all legal disputes and lawsuits between participants and Sponsor shall be governed by the laws of the State of Nevada.
18. SPONSOR: Edvisors Network, Inc., 350 S. Rampart Blvd., Suite 200, Las Vegas, NV 89145