The Spring Break Packing List for Things You Always Forget
Spring break is one of the best times of the year for college students across the nation. Here is a list of crucial items to help you pack and prepare!
- Bathing suits (more than one…no one want to slip back into a wet swim suit)
- Sunscreen with at least 15 SPF (for both your face and body!)
- Your ID/license
- Portable phone charger
- Phone (although I am sure nobody could ever forget this one)
- A fun board or card game for nights you want to take it easy and stay in
- Extra towels for the pool, beach, or shower
- A speaker to play some music
- A book to read on the beach or by the pool
- Passport if traveling out of the country
- Comfy pajamas
- Comfy shoes for walking and exploring
- A nice outfit that’s appropriate for dinner
- A flashlight and first aid kit for emergencies (plus Band Aids for the inevitable blisters)
- Credit card/debit card/cash
- Makeup remover wipes
- Razor and shaving cream
- Body soap/conditioner/shampoo
- Some snacks for the car ride/plane ride (those peanuts on the plane won’t hold you over for too long!)
- A list of emergency contact numbers. Your parents will definitely appreciate this one!
- Any medications, vitamins, or pain relievers you may take
- Your favorite pillow and/or blanket
- Perfume/cologne (travel sized!)
- A camera, if you’re still old fashioned
- Extra socks…you can never pack too many socks
- Your glasses or contacts, especially if you are driving (don’t forget the contact solution!)
- Any ticket(s) you have purchased for a show, plane, or amusement park
- Dry shampoo (because who has time to wash their hair every day when you’re sharing a shower with five other people?)
- Toothbrush, toothpaste, and floss
- If you plan to go skiing or to the mountains, pack warm clothes including hats and mittens
- Garbage bags or grocery bags to pack wet bathing suits and dirty clothes/towels
- Nail polish to touch up your nails before a night out
- Any clothes or accessories you think would look awesome on one of your friends - just to be nice!
- Aloe vera gel to relieve your sunburn (read #2 above to prevent this suffering)
- Hand sanitizer
- Some packaged water bottles so you don’t get sick from the water wherever you’re traveling to
- A basic car kit and spare tire if you plan on driving. Bonus if you or a friend has a AAA membership!
- Finally, most of all, a great attitude!
Wherever you and your friends decide to go for spring break, make sure that you stay safe and be smart! Have fun!