20 Excuses to Get Out of Going Out
We have all been at the point where plans for going out are made, the clock is ticking by, and all you want to do is change into pajamas, lie on the couch, and watch movies. But whether it is going out with friends or attending a social event with colleagues, sometimes, going out just is not that appealing. The problem is, people do not like hearing that you just do not want to go wherever they had planned to go. So fear not, here are some ideas to get you out of going out. Be sure to use them at your own risk.
- Fake an illness. Feel free to get creative with this one. Just make sure it aligns with the current season (catching the flu in the middle of the summer? Not that believable).
- Stress out about how much work you have to do in the next day. Let them know exactly what you have to do. Pull out your to-do list if it is handy.
- Family unexpectedly came in from out of town. Explain how your parents randomly showed up and want to spend time.
- Your laundry is not finished. You have absolutely nothing to wear.
- Your car broke down. It is not even starting. You’ll have to get it checked in the morning.
- Your car has a flat tire.
- You do not have a car, and you do not want anyone going out of their way to give you a ride.
- You are busy preparing for the looming apocalypse. Buying canned food, bottled water, and stocking the bunker takes precedence.
- Someone is going to be there that you do not care to be around. Whether it is an ex, or just someone you don’t get along with.
- There is a marathon of The Walking Dead airing. And you cannot miss it, even though you have every season available to stream on Netflix.
- You rented a movie and have to watch it tonight so you will not be charged for an extra day. That two or three dollars per day really can add up.
- Burst into tears. No explanations, just start crying.
- Your favorite author is in town and is having a signing at that exact time. There is no way you are missing that.
- You completely forgot about your other plans. During such a stressful week, it was easy to forget to remind yourself about the plans you made prior to starting the week.
- Fall asleep and deal with explanations in the morning. Just avoid the problem altogether. Until afterwards.
- Consider telling the truth. Only consider it.
- Suggest another time and reschedule the plans. If you do not want to go, or have a real reason for not being able to go, suggest plans for the future.
- Have an existential crisis, and explain it in great detail. They are bound to want to get be far away from you.
- There is no one home to watch your dog. Your dog cannot be at home by itself.
- That old stand-by: you need to wash your hair.