50 Lies All College Students Have Told Themselves at One Point
- I will wake up early and finish this assignment in the morning.
- An 8:00 a.m. class cannot be that bad.
- I am going to exercise regularly this semester.
- I will go to office hours well before an assignment is due if I need help.
- Of course I will do the readings.
- I am well-prepared for this exam.
- I am going to get enough sleep during finals season.
- This piece of toast counts as dinner.
- I will not procrastinate, ever again.
- I completely understood that lecture.
- I can handle this work load.
- I will not pull any all-nighters this semester.
- I can have a social life while keeping on track with academics.
- I can relax this weekend.
- I have everything under control.
- I will find a parking spot.
- I have time to finish that assignment.
- I will not cram for that exam.
- I won’t miss class.
- I will be on time to everything.
- I will not fall asleep in any of my lectures.
- I am going to eat three healthy meals every day.
- I am going to be more involved on campus by joining clubs.
- I am going to stop waiting until I have no more underwear to do my laundry.
- I’m going to actually use the textbooks I paid hundreds of dollars for.
- I will delete my social media and not get distracted while studying.
- Summer is boring, I cannot wait for summer to be over.
- I will get myself together this semester.
- I’m going to start cooking instead of eating out every night.
- I am going to turn into a morning person instead of a night owl.
- I will not watch any shows while doing homework or studying.
- I’ve learned from the mistakes I made last semester.
- I will apply for internships later.
- This group project is going to go really great.
- No, I’m not broke.
- One more episode won’t hurt.
- I am going to get dressed up nicely for class.
- I am going to keep my room clean.
- I will do chores every week.
- I am going to make a bunch of new friends.
- I am going to make a budget.
- And I will follow the budget.
- I will have enough experience to get a job after graduation.
- I’ll stay in touch with my family and friends at least once a week.
- I’ll take the stairs everywhere.
- I can and will take a nap that will be shorter than 2 hours.
- I’ll go to the doctor when I start to feel sick.
- I won’t have that much debt.
- My junk food days are over.
- I will not tell any more lies.
Long distance relationships can be challenging, but there is a silver lining! Being in a long distance relationship made me a stronger person - here's how.Read Article